Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Last-Minute DIY Halloween Costume: Rosie the Riveter

This week I'm going to share a few ideas for last-minute costumes that include pieces already in your closet. I'm not one for buying a ready-made costume, so if I can put one together from what I already have, why not? It gives my closet purpose and saves me money! 

This costume is one that makes use of the wonderful trend over the past few years to make the chambray shirt a closet staple. I also have an interest in vintage posters and advertisements, so Rosie came to mind quickly. This costume leans heavily on the J.Howard Miller "We can do it!" poster, and also takes a bit from the "Rosie the Riveter" magazine cover by Norman Rockwell (mostly the socks and loafers). 

Click here to see it on Polyvore

1. Shirt from Modcloth
2. Jeans from Ruche
3. Headwrap from LuluGoesRockabilly
4. Socks from Forever 21
5. Shoes from Modcloth

To complete your costume, try this Rockabilly Rosie hair tutorial from The Freckled Fox, cuff the jeans, throw on some red lipstick and you're good to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment