Monday, October 13, 2014

Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Fruit Dip


I know its cliche, but as soon as the calendar turns to September my thoughts immediately turn to all things fall, and yes, that includes everything pumpkin. If it has the words "pumpkin" and "spice" in it, chances are that I will try it no matter what. That also holds true for anything with "apple" and "cinnamon," by the way.

I made a basic marshmallow fruit dip a while ago for a "ladyfest" get-together with my neighbors, and I loved it so much I thought I could easily adapt it for various seasons. My first adaptation is pumpkin spice, which when paired with some apple slices is a perfect after-dinner treat on a blustery fall day.


Ingredients:
- 7 oz container of marshmallow fluff
- 8 oz container of Cool Whip (make sure you leave it out for a while, it's easier when it's room-temperature)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin (feel free to add more to taste. M isn't a huge pumpkin fan, so I kept it pretty light)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1. First, mix together the marshmallow fluff and the cool whip until smooth. It's much easier to mix if the cool whip is nowhere near frozen, as I found out the hard way. (Hence the reason there is no picture for this step!)


2. Mix the pumpkin into the marshmallow/cool whip concoction.

3. Add the pumpkin pie spice and mix well.

4. Slice up an apple and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment